GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the Hildabeast, she seems to be asleep at 3 AM when bad things happen and then blame it on a movie or something about a movie on Lincoln.
If it would make you feel better, you can write my name in for President.
First we go after the lobbyist. Then have term limits. Make all politicians use Obamacare for insurance. And so forth....

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Here's my main concern, and it has nothing to do with party affiliation---while we all know HC is a self-serving liar, that is not likely to trigger an ELE...but when Trump is "attacked" he reflexively attacks back. His power as POTUS would be too much for him to resist...he's already said he'd "...bomb the shit out of them", "...likes war", and wants to be unpredictable. Those traits could trigger some mid-eastern or far-eastern despot to use nukes to retaliate, Trump would respond in kind, and mankind could become history...a nuclear world war would likely be an ELE.

Randy, I read that Wiki article on the black football. As I understood it the process did not give anyone the power to stop Trump from using nukes...advisory, yes, prohibitive, no. The second party mentioned merely verifies the launch codes are authentic, but has no authority to stop a launch. Is that correct?

I have a 33 year old daughter, so, yes, I'm worried...IMHO even if the rest of the world had the self-restraint and did not respond with nukes, Trump's excessive use would (and I think his demeanor shows how excessive he can be) poison our world's atmosphere...triggering a chain reaction that WOULD be an ELE.

We're going to get stuck with one of these bozos...I can deal with HC's lying, we all know she will and can temper our actions based on that knowledge...but a renegade egocentric with the power to cause the end of our species is exponentially more dangerous! I don't want that for my daughter, my friends...not even for my enemies.

Hillary's despicable (she's in her own "basket"), Trump's dangerous. It's an easy choice for me.

Doug

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Doug --
While Trump does seem to be a bit off in some of his rhetoric, I would not lose a lot of sleep over his starting a nuclear war... The office of POTUS is powerful, it is not omnipotent... The Joint Chiefs and Sec of Defense have a lot to say about "pushing the button"...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_football

Wrong.

If Darth Cheeto goes off the deep end and orders a strike, the Joint Chiefs and the military are duty bound to follow it. It would take disobedience to stop it.

Good interview with Libertarian VP candidate on Darth Cheeto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I4Fkiu2nak

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Confusing news reports here - some saying Trump has a lead in the various polls. Is it true or are the journalists just dreaming it all up?

I personally don't give a rats ass who wins , except that the world will turn the
corner into a blind abyss after this election ends. To accept the fact that either of these candidates will have the ultimate sanction of starting a nuclear armageddon is frightening I really hope some one will exercise their God given rights and prevent either of them from harming the rest of the world but it does have rather worrying connotations.

David, probably the most in depth analysis of the polls in teh US is FiveThirtyEight | Nate Silver

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
--while we all know HC is a self-serving liar,

We're going to get stuck with one of these bozos...I can deal with HC's lying, we all know she will and can temper our actions based on that knowledge..

Hillary's despicable (she's in her own "basket"),

Doug

I have to ask, other than the deluge of frankly false information about Sec. Clinton why do you think this? For 30 years, the crazy right has being slandering the woman and she's probably been the most investigated person in the history of American politics. Results -- nothing. No charges. Nothing.

And the politicians of BOTH parties who have worked with her? Honest. Trustworthy. Reliable.

Read Carl Bernstein's biography of her.

Watch this interview with Bill Weld and in particular his take on HIllary at near the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I4Fkiu2nak

don't be sheeple. Don't believe the new false factless media of the right.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
I have to ask, other than the deluge of frankly false information about Sec. Clinton why do you think this? For 30 years, the crazy right has being slandering the woman and she's probably been the most investigated person in the history of American politics. Results -- nothing. No charges. Nothing.

Well, Jeff...there's a legal premise something to the effect that once someone is caught in a lie under oath everything else they say cannot be believed. Wish I could remember the term for that...as an attorney you'd surely know, perhaps you'll help me remember? I understand that there have been no formal charges brought, but I still have to wonder why not if she's been so dishonest as the right claims. Doesn't matter, though, because...

...HC has testified under oath that she did not delete/forward (etc., take your pick) emails under investigation, which seems to me to not be true, so if she's brazen enough to lie under oath like that everything she says is suspect. Even if she did not personally delete those emails, she must have had control over the server, which was her personal property (and I do NOT think that is a big enough issue, because at the time it was standard procedure and other politicians have admitted doing the same), so if she arranged for any of her subordinates to do the deletions she is still culpable...IMHO. I attribute the fact that she has not been charged in a court of law to politics...and I agree that even charging her with a crime during the campaign would unfairly bias the opinions of some. I don't support legal charges against her, but do acknowledge her despicable (my words) behaviors.

That doesn't mean Trump is exonerated in any manner...IMHO his dissolution of Trump University made his promises to those who paid for classes into lies. He and Hillary are equally culpable in that respect...but Trump represents a much greater danger with his "Atilla the Hun" persona. That makes my voting decision quite easy...but that does not nean Hillary is off the hook.

I don't like either one of them...period!!!

We REALLY need a viable third party!!!

Doug

Last edited:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
No, that's not what happened. Facts are important.

Of teh hundreds of thousands of emails involved, she testified that no classified emails ended up on her private server. A handful did. However, Director Comey has also testified that it was "reasaonable" for her to infer they were not classified as they were not marked properly.

Her deleted emails were personal. She was allowed to do that in response to the subpoena as they were not responsive to the subpoena. You would be afforded the same right if served with a subpoena.

That all you have? I mean that seriously. We can deal with Benghazi, the Clinton Foundation, etc. The "lies" just aren't there.

Steve

Supporter
Jeff, you live in your own little world don't you. Are there fairies and pixies in there with you? Here's a brief look at some of the recent lies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC1Mc6-RDyQ

Hillary knows lying to the American public is not illegal and lying to congress is highly unlikely to be prosecutorial. She got her story straight when talking to the FBI though, which shows she knows right from wrong and indicates a deliberate attempt to lie/mislead. So Doug's reticence is for good cause. It also explains why the vast majority of the American public don't hold her in high regard and view her as dishonest.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
I wonder why HC didn't just invoke her 5th amendment right against self-incrimination. No person can be forced to testify against themselves.

Really...I think we're done with the email issue. I'm certain there were emails that were "probably" not suppose to be deleted that were...we'd all do that if we were not under some court ordered mandate to not do so, and certainly if we did not know that there was a developing investigation. I can cut her some slack, but not much. Whatever she did wrong, she didn't have to admit it. I wonder, though, if she might have thought that the general public would have seen invoking the 5th amendment as more damaging than a lie. Either way, I'm not convinced she was honest or truthful, there could be some difference of "standard" to meet in all of that...but I am certain Trump has not been. He should be held responsible in a court of law (whether criminal or civil, or both) for having taken all those students' tuition money and then just closing down Trump U without notice. No refund, no apology, just take the $$$$ and run. Where is the justice in not charging him? It's in the same box as the justice in not charging Hillary, they could have BOTH been charged and the legal system chose (rightfully so, I believe) to not charge either of them (maybe until the election is over? We shall see....)

Either way, we look like fools to the rest of the world in MANY ways, not just politically, so why worry about that now in these last 6 days?

Right...there IS no reason. It's open season, folks, and mud is the weapon. What a sad state of affairs.....:furious:

Doug

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I live in the world called "facts".

Gowdy (the same dick who spent millions of dollars on the BENGHAZI! investigation only ot conclude noting happened) had Comey agree -- because it is true -- that there were a few classified emails on her server and she had claimed there were none.

Gowdy (dick) then did not ask Comey whether this was a problem. A nother member did, and Comey's response was the documets in question were not properly marked classified and it would have been a "reasonable inference" by Sec. Clinton that they were not.

No. Lies. Told. She believed - reasonably -- there was nothing classified on the server.

You can believe whatever you want. I stick to facts.

Steve

Supporter
Jeff, your very strong biases are reflected in your commentaries in parentheses. That says it all. The snippet is just the tip of the iceberg on Hillary's lies, and there was much more to it than what you noted, and much more beyond that. You appear incapable in seeing any of the flaws in your candidate. You're never wrong. I realize that as a lawyer right and wrong is irrelevant, it's what you can prove or can't prove that counts. Still, when you start confusing the truth with the BS you, or in this case HC, can get away it's a steep downward slide....

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Steve, I realize as a doctor, you don't have time to be bothered by facts as you are too busy sucking the money out of people who need health care at reasonable cost.

But the facts are the facts. As a lawyer I'm interested in facts. On the email issue Doug identified, the fact is Hillary didn't lie.

It's really very simple. Straight from Director Comey's mouth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvwWTMAGwLc

Now, I've actually done the research while you've sat around charging some poor guy 5 grand to stick a thermometer in his ass. If you have any other "lies" of Sec. Clinton's you'd like to be educated on, by all means, let me know.

The one that seems to hold some water is the "landing under sniper fire" in Serbia claim from many years ago. If that's all she's done in 30 years of public life, she is, like Politicfact confirms, one of the most honest politicians we've had in a while.

In an effort to present a balanced viewpoint here, one should review this YouTube clip from Late Night with Seth Meyers. He has a humorous segment of the show called "A Closer Look" and at about the 6:19 mark of this clip, he discusses the relevant negatives of each choice from the major political parties:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v97xH6Bof0

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Well, I've watched all the YT clips and it's clear to me that individuals from each party used very specific instances to "illustrate" their beliefs, as is standard practice for all politicians...they are not unbiased and their questions are devised in a manner that will lead the testifying party to respond as they want. As such both parties are "suspect" in the quest for the real truth...all of them. Just ask the question enough times to get the response you want, no matter how many times you get responses with which you take exception, and then point that "smoking gun" (it's really just an accusatory index finger), and shout to the rooftops "See, that's what I've been telling you all along!!!".

...can't believe anything ANY of them say, they're ALL trained liars.

So, we mere mortals (aka mere citizens) are left to our own devices to search out the truth, which we usually do through channels that mirror most closely our own beliefs. It's human nature.

The bottom line is that we all lie...little "white lies" to avoid causing pain, vicious lies intended to cause pain, they are all lies, so we have to look to our own conscience to pursue the truth.

Here's my truth...I believe we're done with the email issue. Much ado about nothing, so to speak. No smoking guns, other than some white lies by Hillary. Trump's lies, on the other hand, appear to me to be intentionally devised to cause harm and enrich himself...particularly regarding Trump U.

F'ing iPhone just magically erased a lot of my post...I'm as done with Trump as I am with Hillary's email issues. The choice is easy to me...end of story.

Doug

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Well,
No matter how much you slang each other off ,both here in the Paddock and elsehere in life, yoiu need another general election and need it as fast as possible without these two
total airheads involved. It for all the rest of the world to see that four years of either of them brings forth multiple disasters and some that the world could not accept.
Here is the U.K. things seem to be going from bad to worse as well - especilly towards the leaving of the EU and therefore another election is called for in double quick time. It will not change anything about which party leads but it will clear the air and allow the PM to get on with governing the masses. Additionally, Scotland should be balloted to let them leave or stay in the UK anf if they really want, then a new barbed wire Hadrians wall30 ft high can be erected
with Checkpoint McChalies on every road.
America, you have to do something and do it fast. Neither of these two fools can be allowed anywhere near the White House. PLEASE.

Last edited:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Serious question here

Jeff, Doug, others
When Trump gets in because the majority voted for him will you accept the decision and respect your President?

Grady, Steve , others
When Clinton gets in because the majority voted for her will you accept the decision and respect your President?

So same question both ways - as an outsider I would seriously like to understand your thoughts

David
Brexit, article 50 should have been signed immediately following the poll (IMO) so that the non elected judges, hand wringers, non supporters, non believers, Scots etc can not stop the process. (And if anyone cares I now reside in Scotland and Sturgeon should be silenced permanently she speakes nonsense about everything)
The thought of another election over here is really disheartening.

"Grady, Steve , others
When Clinton gets in because the majority voted for her will you accept the decision and respect your President?"

No I won't. I'm going with 'founding father' T. Jefferson

I'll wait and see if it is the time.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
For our Brit friends, my man Grady is probably referring to the Jefferson quote that sometimes the "tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots" and basically threatening armed revolt if Sec. Clinton is elected.

Awesome.

Steve

Supporter
Ian: yes.

Jeff: Ha! There is nothing I do that pays 5k. You must be confusing me with a lawyer who works on contingencies and can make millions. One of my neighbors is doing well. The irony is that he's Catholic:

http://http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/04/26/church.abuse.victims.lawyer/

I like how you quote a Hillary Clinton homer, Elijah Cummings, as "fact". I'll quote a left-leaning "fact-checker" to bump the number of classified emails up from 3 to 113.

http://http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jul/19/politifact-sheet-hillary-clintons-email-controvers/

You're still using the Bill Clinton (another lawyer) assertion of facts as : "it depends on what your definition of the word "is" is".

BTW, most on this board can disagree in a civil manner. I don't agree with Doug on much but he's civil. You should look at anger management classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back