GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I see today she's in more pooh as some one has filed a law suit against her oh dear. looks like her campaign hasn't been all above board.
kaspa

The lawsuit has nothing to do with her campaign, it is a wrongful death action brought by the parents of one of the soldiers who lost his life at Benghazi. I cannot see it going anywhere...military leaders should not (and probably cannot) be held financially liable for combat deaths, that would certainly inhibit their ability to make quick strategic decisions.

Should our POTUS be personally financially liable for battleground deaths? They never have and I respectfully submit they never should.

Cheers!

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
The lawsuit has nothing to do with her campaign, it is a wrongful death action brought by the parents of one of the soldiers who lost his life at Benghazi. I cannot see it going anywhere...military leaders should not (and probably cannot) be held financially liable for combat deaths, that would certainly inhibit their ability to make quick strategic decisions.

Should our POTUS be personally financially liable for battleground deaths? They never have and I respectfully submit they never should.

Cheers!

Doug

On orders from the Att. General's office and the White House, she'd skate via the "can't prove INTENT" defense anyway. (Hey, when the Director of the FBI hands you a 'stay-out-of-prison' card like that one - you USE it.)

But, you're right. The suit will go nowhere for the reasons you stated.

No the Suite is for unlawfull campaign naughties , apparently her team hasn't been shall we say all above board.

kaspa

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
No the Suite is for unlawfull campaign naughties , apparently her team hasn't been shall we say all above board.

kaspa

Where have you seen that? I searched and could only find the lawsuit by that soldier's parents.

Doug

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
So who gives a rats patootie what a somewhat suspect European Poll says regarding the race for POTUS?
The last I knew, you had to be a citizen of the USA to vote...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
The last I knew, you had to be a citizen of the USA to vote...

That used to be the standard anyway...along with having to be alive. But, there are mounds of documented cases illustrating the latter is no longer the case and hasn't been for decades. ('News report the other day told of one guy who'd voted GOP all his life, but somehow managed to vote Democrat three times after he died.)

And who's to say illegal aliens aren't voting, too? Given the fact no gov't issued photo I.D.s are required at the polls AND the fact some states actually issue driver's licenses to illegals (not to mention I.D.s acquired thru theft), what's to stop 'em? :shifty:

Poll: 13% of Illegal Aliens ADMIT They Vote - California Political Review

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
A government agency issued photo ID is required in Kansas. A Drivers' License is acceptable.

In Texas the state will issue a photo ID much like a Drivers' License, but it does not include the privelege of driving.

Cheers!

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
A government agency issued photo ID is required in Kansas.

SCOTUS has declared voter I.D.s laws "unconstitutional" in other states. Nitpicky wording differences found in this-or-that law aside, a voter I.D. is a voter I.D.

That ruling make's absolutely NO sense. How SCOTUS could possibly have found a way to twist the constitution enough to come up with it (or WANT to) is a total mystery to me.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Only a government-issued photo ID will do...not a college student ID or employee ID or anything of that nature. I wonder if that is what makes KS law "legal"...after all, if the government says you are who you tell them you are, it must be right, no?

I was AMAZED at the number and varity of documents required to get a drivers' license when I moved here :eek: Surprisingly, a S/S card isn't worth the paper on which it's printed if you are trying to prove your identity...but a S/S # WAS required (I had to provide a pay-stub).

Go figger!!!

Cheers!

Doug

You have a photo I D to get into the federal building here, I have to provide photo i.d. to go to the statue of liberty what is unconstitutional about having to have voter i.D to vote! It that the Democrats will losee all the alien and dead people votes!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
And who's to say illegal aliens aren't voting, too? Given the fact no gov't issued photo I.D.s are required at the polls AND the fact some states actually issue driver's licenses to illegals (not to mention I.D.s acquired thru theft), what's to stop 'em? :shifty:

Poll: 13% of Illegal Aliens ADMIT They Vote - California Political Review

Regarding illegals using driver's licenses as I.D.s in order to vote at the polls, Billary's right hand man says...:

WikiLeaks: Podesta Says It

Keith

Regarding an earlier post where it is suggested that Europeans have a low opinion of Trump, I couldn't possibly comment but sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words:

(and no, it is not photoshopped)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Confusing news reports here - some saying Trump has a lead in the various polls. Is it true or are the journalists just dreaming it all up?

I personally don't give a rats ass who wins , except that the world will turn the
corner into a blind abyss after this election ends. To accept the fact that either of these candidates will have the ultimate sanction of starting a nuclear armageddon is frightening I really hope some one will exercise their God given rights and prevent either of them from harming the rest of the world but it does have rather worrying connotations.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
I get the feeling that HC is less "impulsive" and therefore less likely to get a nuclear WWIII started. Trump is just too reactionary and too much of a bully. He'll get pissed off at someone, nuke 'em to get revenge, and there we go.

So...it has come down to a vote AGAINST the candidate that is the most dangerous, David. HC has proven herself to be less than forthcoming with information, but Trump has proven himself to be a loose cannon...that's DANGEROUS, whereas HC is just disappointing...IMHO, of course.

Doug

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Doug --
While Trump does seem to be a bit off in some of his rhetoric, I would not lose a lot of sleep over his starting a nuclear war... The office of POTUS is powerful, it is not omnipotent... The Joint Chiefs and Sec of Defense have a lot to say about "pushing the button"...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_football

Thank god I don't have to vote , but in my humble opinion Trump would be by far the lessor of two evils, he speaks his mind and you know full well his agenda, where as HC is just a puppet who will do the unseens agenda to further there own wealth, and don't give a rats about the common people.

kaspa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back