I plumbed my brake system and filled it with fluid. The reservoirs and lines sealed up nicely. However, I have leaks at numerous brake line connections.

Is anyone else see that as well?

Loosen the leaking ones slightly then re-tighten. It takes a lot of pressure to split the fittings.

ALso keep an eye on your remote cylinders. Mine leaked like a seive for about 3 months (you're trying to seal plastic on plastic) ..... I replaced the crappy spring tension clamps with aeroseal clamps and just kept tightening them until the weeping gave up and stopped.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Stainless steel is sometimes a bugger to seal....tighten and loosen the fitting/lines a few times ...then snug up for the final time....

I'm now at a point where my SLC chassis is 90% finished. The things left are:
  • Rear half of the exhaust (waiting for parts)
  • E-brake cable & handle (waiting for parts)
  • Punch list of little stuff
Hmmm, this sounds like a good time to take a break! Tomorrow morning I set off on a 2600 mile round trip from Charlotte NC to Dallas TX in my '33 Hot Rod to join the Hot Rod Power Tour. I'll be stopping near Nashville TN, Memphis TN and Fayetteville AR on the way to Dallas. Go west young man, go west!

The Power Tour starts just outside Dallas (Arlington TX) on 6/1/13 and then finishes in Charlotte NC.

Anyone else coming along?

Attachments

• small G Fronte.jpg
    small G Fronte.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
After a 2600 mile round trip, 2 tornados, 1 topical storm and thousands of cars, I'm back from the Hot Rod Power Tour. It was a good time, but at times it felt like one continuous cross country traffic jam! I can now put a checkmark next to my Bucket List item that says "Do the Hot Rod Power Tour".

My Hot Rod ran like a champ. I'm out of garage space, so I plan to put the Hot Rod up for sale next week with a local consigner.

After a 2600 mile round trip, 2 tornados, 1 topical storm and thousands of cars, I'm back from the Hot Rod Power Tour. It was a good time, but at times it felt like one continuous cross country traffic jam! I can now put a checkmark next to my Bucket List item that says "Do the Hot Rod Power Tour".

My Hot Rod ran like a champ. I'm out of garage space, so I plan to put the Hot Rod up for sale next week with a local consigner.

Welcome home! Sounds like fun. :thumbsup:

Unofficially, the Hot Rod magazine editors were hinting that the 2014 Power Tour route will be from Charlotte to Detroit. That sounds like a the perfect ceremonious trip for RCR owners to drive their cars back to their birthplace in Detroit.

For those of us who are who are in the process of building a car, this event gives an extra incentive to accelerate our projects for the tour.

Since I live here in Charlotte, I'm willing to host the 2014 Hot Rod Power Tour kickoff party for RCR owners.

Anyone interested?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I would love to have as many guys as possible come by the NEW factory......we have enough parking for a couple of hundred cars....and my local city would be glad of the exposure too.
We could certainly make it worth attending

Loosen the leaking ones slightly then re-tighten. It takes a lot of pressure to split the fittings.
rumbles, i remember i had to buy line wrenches to torque the crap outta those brake lines. Once they are sealed they wont lose a drop.
corp_0706_06_z+replace_master_cylinder+line_wrenches.jpg

Ok then, the SLOGS 2014 Hot Rod Power Tour from Charlotte to Detroit sounds like a plan! Lets keep an eye on Hot Rod magazine announcements to see if/when they make the route official.

I found a series of 90+ YouTube videos on building a SLC that were posted by zakari3030. Zackari is apparently building his second SLC.

Its well worth the time to view the videos. Its kinda like hang 'in out in Zakari's garage with his dogs, listening to oldies from the 70s and watching him work on his SLC. Zackari provides lots of helpful hints/tips. Some sections are just watching Zackari work, so you can fast-forward thru those parts.

The videos are not always connected within YouTube as a video series, and the video naming convention changes as well. You can find the videos by searching on zakari3030 or the following video naming conventions:
  • "SLC Build xx" for videos 1-62
  • "SL-C Build xx" for videos 63-87
  • "HDV011x" for videos 0110-0113
Here is the first video [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6No2kkGC0LE"]link[/ame]

Wow,
Allan is a closet UToob publisher? Who knew?

BTW: He has built many SLCs for customers (besides his own) and will be doing many more from what I hear.

Back