Drum roll please

Drum-roll please...

My SLC is ready to ship! I was at RCR last week to take a look.

Check out the PICs.

The next challenge is to get it shipped. I've contacted several transporters, but I'm competing both the January Scottsdale Barrett Jackson Auction and the January Kissimmee Mecum Auction for a truck.

Attachments

• Body at RCR front34.jpg
    Body at RCR front34.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 727
  • Body at RCR rear34.jpg
    Body at RCR rear34.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 741
congrats dude! That must be an awesome feeling! Mixed with all the want to get it home! =)
I'm just up the road from you in Kernersville, NC 1hr 15-45 depending on where in charlotte. I would love to come check the car out sometime.. I'll even bring my own drool rag LOL

Jack,

Yes, I called Ruehle’s first thing Monday morning as well. I'm trying to piggy back on one of their trucks coming to the mid-atlantic states soon.

The other delay this week is that many businesses were closed on Monday for Martin Luther King day.

Last edited:
Stig (KENNEDY ENGINEERED PRODUCTS),

I bought the set of 4 studs that I have from you. There's nothing wrong with them, I just assumed that Porsche G50 bell housing studs would fit a Porsche G50 adapter plate...Silly me.

Do you sell the same G50 studs but with a 1.50 thread pitch?

I've gone ahead and ordered M10x1.50x200mm hardened bolts from Fastenal that I will cut to length and thread to fit the adapter plate

Ok. I'm confused... :stunned: But that's nothin' new.

I agree with you. You would think that G50 Studs would fit the G50 adapter plate as well. Does Kennedy Eng make the adapter for the SLC as well as the GTM? Sorry to hear that you were sold a set of studs that weren't the right size.

Congrats on the upcoming delivery. I'm sure you're getting pretty stoked.

Take care.

Mike (The Stig)
Charlotte.

We make our own plates in house...

we used to leave the holes untapped for just this kind of reason....guys could then tap them to whatever size they wanted.....but the issue is that some people were not confident in doing so, then we started tapping them again...I guess we cant win...:laugh:

Nah, it's no one's fault, nor is it a big deal. The studs were only $14. I bought them ahead of time trying to get a headstart...No problem.

My only suggestion is to update page 70 of the SLC Build Manual to include the following red text:

"Cut high tensile (HT) bolts and thread to create long studs:
  • 3 ea. M10 x 1.50 x 120mm Stud HT
  • 1 ea. M10 x 1.50 x 158mm Stud HT
Note: Stock Porsche studs have a 1.25MM fine thread pitch and will not work"

Powertrain is done!

I completed the powertrain tonight! Just add 12V and fuel to make some noise.
  • The G50 transaxle is attached with the help of the RCR adapter plate, Kennedy Engeneering pressure plate, clutch, flywheel and starter. Note that the treaded holes in the RCR adapter plate for the G50 studs turned out to be SAE 3/8 x 16.
  • The electrical harness is complete. There is a single trunk exiting the engine on the front driver's side. The OBDII connector is hidden under the driver side coil cover.
  • The EFI rail was flipped to exit on the drivers side and then the fuel line exits out the front of the coil cover.

Attachments

• IMG_2896.jpg
    IMG_2896.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_2894.jpg
    IMG_2894.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 526
Re: Powertrain is done!

The G50 transaxle is attached with the help of the RCR adapter plate, Kennedy Engineering pressure plate, clutch, flywheel and starter. Note that the threaded holes in the RCR adapter plate for the G50 studs turned out to be SAE 3/8 x 16.

Bill, I added some notes to the SLC build manual (word doc) from your prior post regarding thread size. So, 3/8 X 16 was the outcome.... anyone know if RCR used different threads at different times for different applications. I'm a records hound - I like to keep and maintain technical notes on this kind of stuff - so when needed in the future I can find info in minutes.

BTW: very tidy looking set-up

I just got word that the trucking company will deliver my SLC tomorrow!

I know I’ll be laser focused on the SLC once it arrives, so I’ve been trying to get all other distractions out of the way now. That includes HoneyDos, getting the powertrain ready to drop in, selecting parts, etc.

Each winter, I do a top to bottom inspection of my Hot Rod looking for loose fitting, wire/cable wear spots, leaks, etc. That ensures trouble free cruising when the weather warms up. As usual, I found a few minor preventative things to teak/fix. However, I did find something that is a good reminder for all of us to use the correct type of hose for each application.

In the PIC below, both hoses came from the same stock. The one on the left is unused while the right hose was installed on the PCV vacuum line for a couple years. The little bit of oil in the PCV line was absorbed by the hose and that caused it to expand significantly. Hmmm, do think this could be the cause of my vacuum leak:idea:

There really is a difference between hoses intended for:
  • ATF vs motor oil
  • high pressure EFI lines vs those for carburetors
  • Coolant hose vs fuel filler hose

Attachments

• IMG_2897.JPG
    IMG_2897.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 323
Just in time for the weekend - ya got a cot in the garage for you and the mistress (SLC)...

I was just searching silicone vacuum hoses after another post elsewhere regarding watching this issue - timely.

Bill, you're going to have fun.

The yellow on the SLC is stunning, that is going to be a real head turner.
I am excited for your pending delivery. (And I am excited to check it out myself)
Phil

Back