Team QRP

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Now THAT is how to make adjustable pedals! Very cool! That appears to be a couple of seat rails with a linear actuator - is that correct? Can you share the details of what you did?

Thanks,
Dave L

Now THAT is how to make adjustable pedals! Very cool! That appears to be a couple of seat rails with a linear actuator - is that correct? Can you share the details of what you did?

Thanks,
Dave L

Hey Dave, we are working on a adjustable pedal kit, but first we are going to do some serious testing, to make sure there are no issues. One advantage of having an endurance race car, is you can get a lot of testing done, and any potential problems become readily apparent. Let us get some feedback on this before we go any further.

Thanks, Ted

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I like the sliding pedal solution but even our mechanical one has had some teething issues with junk accumulating the footbox during driver changes....wet feet , pebbles, grass etc from offroading....

Ted,
Good luck with this and other parts you are pioneering

It seems that one could build the motorized unit with a power seat adjuster from the bone yard. Then you just have to build a suport mechanism that will take the abuse of the drivers????

Bill

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Ted - Thanks for the response - I'll be watching for updates!

Dave L

Hey Dave, we are working on a adjustable pedal kit, but first we are going to do some serious testing, to make sure there are no issues. One advantage of having an endurance race car, is you can get a lot of testing done, and any potential problems become readily apparent. Let us get some feedback on this before we go any further.

Thanks, Ted

Ted, any updates or more pictures you can share? Also, I'm in the east bay and would to come by to check out the cars sometime if that's okay.

Thanks,

Pat

Just checking in with an update, been a while since last post. Been bustin tail to get Chris' SLC Coupe race ready.
960cb208-e677-4687-ae50-d500e32d1bf1_zps118f7598.jpg
61c9508f-f381-43f8-99d0-617e9284d115_zpsc26ee5a3.jpg
IMG_5199_zpscb18daa2.jpg

What? a bumper on a SLC?
IMG_5198_zps528ede2f.jpg

Chaparral Fan! Don't think they'll laugh if you're passing them. And once there, they won't be able to see past your wing to over take. LOL

Nice progress. Still hoping for more pics of your LeMans.

Chaparral Fan! Don't think they'll laugh if you're passing them. And once there, they won't be able to see past your wing to over take. LOL

Nice progress. Still hoping for more pics of your LeMans.

Luke, I actually saw the Chaparral Sucker car dominate at Laguna in '70 or '71
whenever it was, many moons ago. Not only was it 3 sec. a lap faster than everything else, it threw rocks at anyone who got close!

Actually that is the standard race wing from Fran.

_HOP2314-2.jpg

This is a wing we built in '07 for PDG
We have lots of experience with this wing position.

Actually that is the standard race wing from Fran.

_HOP2314-2.jpg

This is a wing we built in '07 for PDG
We have lots of experience with this wing position.

Too many people mount wings too low- obviously you guys don't fall in that category, though. :) Have you done any testing that would lead you to believe that mounting it as high as it appears to be is really necessary on the SLC? Or is the position on the SLC based on experience with the GTM?

Also, that is an interesting mount for the wing struts. Looks plenty stout.

Can't wait to see the car driven in anger!

f773fa5e-fac9-4efa-9454-5dba6b223bde_zps5acb11b4.jpg

My buddy Steve brought his beautiful GTM up for some final electrical fixes.
This is one of the absolute best component car builds ever. The custom work & attention to detail is out of this world. If you ever get the chance to see this car in person, it's worth the effort.

WOW. Not sure where to start. Fran, you have done one fantastic job designing and executing this car. I think the lines are as close to perfect as I have ever seen. Ted and Don, thanks for letting me cut and drill on your car. What a great oppourtunity to help, learn and have fun. I have read through Howard and Robs build pages. Those guys are monsters. They contemplate how they want their car and go in the shop and make it. Doing some really excellent work. I look forward to the adventure ahead. Rob I look forward to working with you on your car too.

Well, finally the "Blue Mistress" made it's debut this last weekend. We finished working on the car at 10pm Thursday nite, with many small details put off for later. When building a complete racecar, at some point you have to set a deadline, & just thrash to make it! The car had never turned a wheel under power, & we strung the chassis with some yarn from my daughters craft box. Was at Lowe's at 8pm buying lumber for ramps to get it in the trailer, not sure if it would fit. Headed to Thunderhill the next morning.
Track day on Fri, shook down the car in morn session, a little tire rub on RR. took the sawsall to her & fixed that. Ran the afternoon session, all systems worked good, especially electric cooling system, 185 deg on 95 ambient.
Chris liked the feel of his new car, (only the second time he has ever seen it).
He got in a groove & put in 20 laps, the last 5 averaging 1:54s
Sat qualified 2nd to the GTM, which was running really well, at a 1:52:3, got ready for the race that afternoon. Tim Barber in the GTM got the jump at the start, Chris passed him in turn 14 to lead the race for 7 or 8 laps. Chris was real cautious in traffic, got hung up & Tim got by coming onto the backstretch, Chris got a run into 14, got under Tim, but there was a lapped car on the outside (3 wide), Chris had to get on the curb, got the car loose & spun out. He was catching the leaders again, & got off track again, so finished 3rd our 1st race. Car passed the test with flying colors, (even off track - no damage).
Sun Don & I tweaked on her a little, got Chris more comfortable, set fast time at time at a 1:51:34, shifting at 5700 rpm
Tim got the lead on the 1st turn, & chris passed him for the lead on lap 2, pulled away to a comfortable lead, but we had fuel pick-up problems, & had to pull in.
Overall we had a great time & the car is pretty bad-ass, for out of the box - & totally unprepared to race a week ago.
Thanks to Don, Shawn & everyone who has helped get her done!
IMG_5518_zps52253fb1.jpg

IMG_5514_zpsc95b492a.jpg

IMG_5513_zpsc9df42a0.jpg

8-18-13c_zps454e2ee1.jpg
8-18-13a_zps2053d6d3.jpg

Last edited:
Back