Bill D's Back Surgery - Update!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I just heard from Diane (Bill's Bride),

Her communication (email) was from her cell phone so she was brief;

She has not seen him yet but the surgery went well. The nerve has now been freed up. It was the color of Port Wine. Dr. says he should feel wildy better in 5 days. She will call me after she's seen him. She said that he really appreciates all the support from his friends on the forum as he faced surgery..

Keep the prayers and well wishes headed his way!!!

More later!

Update - 15:00 CT
Diane just called and Bill is in his room and resting now. He is REAL Chipper!
She went on to say that the Nerve they freed up was supposed to be Silverish in color not Dark red (Port Wine) color - indicating that it was in pretty tough shape and pretty angry...

She confirmed that the surgeon told her that he would be feeling WILDLY BETTER!!!

Bill again passed along his thanks to all his forum brothers for their well wishes and prayers..

-----------

ATTABOY BILL!!!!

:thumbsup::pepper::pepper::thumbsup:

Good to hear he's doing well. Bills build log was one of the first that I really took interest in and in my mind set the bar very high for others to follow.
Wishing Bill a speedy recovery.

Martin

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Bill's Build Site kept my attention for many hours as well...

Bill is back home now and resting. He feels much better (save for the surgery site which should heal quickly)...

On to bigger and better things!!! :thumbsup:

Hi Bill

All the best with the recovery. You were one of the main inspirations on this site for me to build my own 40!

Regards
Andy

David
It was a microdiscectomy. I'm pain free for the first time in 7 months. The soreness at the incision site gets better each day. Today was the first day I didn't have to take pain meds. My movements are still slow and guarded to prevent tearing the stitches or the muscles that were were cut. I'm off from work for 6 weeks.

The good thing about all this is I have lost 29#. I've gone from 209 to 180.

I'll have permanent restrictions, such as no water skiing, no heavy weight lifting, and no snow skiing. Getting old is no fun (I'm 57).

Hang in there Bill, it simply takes more time with age. I'm 64 + and have broken my back twice. First time 35 years ago (jump accident) and more recently I fell in a bathtub in Singapore in 2001. That one was comical in the sense of the way it happened. Still hurting all the time. Some days better than others, however, I do have full mobility. Just have to think about some things before you attempt them.
Here's to a speedy and successful recovery.

Jack..

Back