Dimi's Build DRB #68

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Congratulations Dimi

The car looks spectcular, you have done a super job and it is something that I am sure you are proud of!

Time to enjoy it now!

Bill

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Dimi,

Great looking car. To me your car represents what a 40 would look like if being built today...Take that as a real compliment.

Steve SPF P2125

Hi Dimi

I was just re-visiting your build thread and in particular your interior work. I was wondering you had any more pictures of your interior layout, in particular your roof lining and centre tunnel area.

regards

Jack

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi all

It's been a while but I can finally say that I just received the best birthday present a guy could wish for.

It was my birthday on May 21st and that was the day DRB #68 finally was registered so now I am legal and the car is finished.

It took from January till May but in the end the RTA ran out of objections and signed off so I was able to get my plates which were on hold for nearly 2 years.

All I can say is that it was worth all the work, wait, and frustration.

These photos are the final finished car.

Dimi

Attachments

• PICT0373.JPG
    PICT0373.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 649
  • PICT0374.JPG
    PICT0374.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 857
  • PICT0375.JPG
    PICT0375.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 767
  • PICT0378.JPG
    PICT0378.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 627
  • PICT0379.JPG
    PICT0379.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 658
  • PICT0380.JPG
    PICT0380.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 552
  • PICT0381.JPG
    PICT0381.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 574
  • PICT0382.JPG
    PICT0382.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 611
  • PICT0383.JPG
    PICT0383.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 779
Congrats Dimi, she looks stunning. You must be over the moon! I remember in October last year when I got my plates and yelled out f--k yeah inside the RTA office. Not to everyones amusement.
How's the 5.4L feel to drive?

Last edited:

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Bobski
The 5.4 feels really great as it is using the stock Ford ECU without all the inhibitors that were programmed into the stock Ford program.

I have the software that allows the Ford ECU's every parameter to be altered or switched off as needed.

So the engine responds exactly as required but runs with the smoothness as per the stock Ford installation.

All the original engine sensors are utilised which keeps the engine running faultlessly without having to use a BEM or unneccessary inputs.

It's been a blast to drive and the power stays full on right through the accelleration in each gear.

Dimi

That os one GORGEOUS looking GT40! I love the interior. Looks more like a production car than a replica. Very well done sir!!!

Awesome stuff Dimi. Congrats on getting your dream legal.
Nice touch with the Ford badge on the rear, don't think I've seen anyone do that before.

cheers
Stuart

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I cannot get over how nice your interior turned out! Absolutely stunning!

You've built a first rate car there...

Congratulations!

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Dimi..... Stunning man! Absolutely beautiful. Excellent fit/finish on the interior. It looks like a true super car. Well done.

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi all

Thanks for all the good feedback.

My intention was to try and make the car look more like a production car than just something that was home built.

Chris.
The "Primer bulb" behind the back seat rest is the inflation bulb for the lumbar support built into the seatback.
I had these fitted when the seats were rebuilt to fit the 40.
They make the seats so much more comfortable as well as the seats being adjustable both in sliding forward and back and in the angle of the seat back as they are also reclining.

Took a lot of work to be able to modify these seats to fit but it was worth it.

Dimi

hoppy

Lifetime Supporter
Congrats Dimi,
You have a lot of innovative ideas that I am sure others,such as myself,are going to use.
Looking good.

It looks fantastic. Had a question though. I notice that the O2 sensor is on the trailing side of your cats in the tranny pictures. Since you are using ferrel clamps it would be easy to reverse these. Are those in the correct position as per Ford spec for the ECU? Seems like the cats would alter the air fuel ratio measurements and the O2 sensors should be BEFORE the cats, but I know that many factory vehicles have O2 both before and after cats so I just thought I would ask.

Back