F1 2010

Keith

Craig? Lost touch with him since I don't get Supercar on TV anymore. Last I heard he was with FPR. When and what did he drive for Marko? :huh:

Ohhps - Germany, Austria....they are right next door correct? Thanks for your take on the driver development angle from deep in the sand. Scott Speed didnt quite work out did he?

Scott Who???

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Keith

Rubens? Great journeyman driver but hardly inspired. He'd have never taken on Der Fuhrer the way Mark has taken on cry baby Vettel. The proof is his failure to take the fight to Jenson last year, given the same machinery and that Jenson is hardly a balls out red mist racer.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

How many seasons has Rubins been in a Title winning car, with his teamate winning the Champianship? 4-5?

Keith

Indeed, my point entirely but he has been a great No. 2 and every team needs one (or two in the case of Ferrari) :)

Craig? Lost touch with him since I don't get Supercar on TV anymore. Last I heard he was with FPR. When and what did he drive for Marko? :huh:

Marko ran a F3000 team called RSM Marko (or similar) which was based in......Graz, Austria.

One of his drivers of 1997 (Montoya?) did very well, Craig, on the other hand, didn't. Whispers suggest that somebody friendly purchased setup information from a previous year for a race at a circuit where he scored points, but I've never asked him (don't get any real opportunity). Seems he wasn't the favoured driver and setup information wasn't made available....

He currently races for 888 in the V8 series, I really wish they'd have a crack at the Nurburgring 24Hr in one of their current chassis. Would appeal to Craig, methinks.

Keith

Pete: Yamamoto - this news is very worrying. Will he name his car Yamoto? If so, he will carry some big guns and perhaps this represents a last ditch attempt to stave off the inevitable defeat - perhaps even a suicide mission?

:)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Don't worry Pete.
It will never happen.
Hell will freeze over before he dops this race.
You will be back.....
Bernie is a very good negotiator (salesman) I'm sure that right now he has tossed this out because of negotiations with Monaco. BTW when you become Prime Minister of Oz will you make me Cultural Ambassador to the Principality? You have my vote of course.

Malcolm

Supporter
Bernie has done his deal with Silverstone so was looking for another one to pick on. If I were running it from Monaco's position, it would be very tempting to call his bluff. Think of the stink it would create within F1 if he actually did seriously try to drop Monaco!

Keith

Bernie has done his deal with Silverstone so was looking for another one to pick on. If I were running it from Monaco's position, it would be very tempting to call his bluff. Think of the stink it would create within F1 if he actually did seriously try to drop Monaco!

Damn right Malcolm. I think he's lost his marbles mate, he's done this game too often and has now picked the wrong track. F1 needs Monaco much more than Monaco needs them.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Excerpts from Thursday press conference.

Q: Michael, four times a winner here?
Michael SCHUMACHER: Yes.
Q: Your expectations and hopes? How much do you enjoy racing at home?
Schumacher: I think it is different to what it has been in the past as we come here as a kind of German national team. We have our main factory about 100kms from here. We went over there yesterday, so lots of support, lots of expectation in a way. It is good to see that compared to the previous years, ticket sales have gone up and interest has gone up although it is not fully sold out, but still there is a nice influence from that side. We naturally hope to have a decent and good race weekend to satisfy our guys.
Q: Sebastian, you ran the Red Bull car in your home town last weekend. I was going to say is that the fastest you've ever been through the streets, but I won't ask that question. What was it like?
Vettel: It was great. It was in a 50kph zone in the city, so of course we didn't exceed the speed limit. It was crazy. The night before I was actually a bit nervous about how many people will come and watch us and then the day after it was sunny. It was a fantastic day and we had more than 120,000 people coming, so they had to block the motorway and it was absolutely crazy. I didn't see much of my old roads I used to go to school or the swimming pool or whatsoever as it was full of people. But it was very nice and I think we put on a good show. We also had a DTM car there and a guy with a motorbike, so all in all I think it was a great package and a lot of people came, so I hope they will make it as well this weekend. On Sunday I think it should be dry, so it will be nice.
Q: A lot has happened at Red Bull since the last grand prix. Have you now set the re-set button between you and Mark? Are you now back to normal?
Vettel: Well, I think as far as I understood if you said to Red Bull I think we are still selling cans, so not much has happened in that regard. A lot of talk and a lot of press but the most important thing you need to understand is that it doesn't matter who wins the race. In the end we are a team and Red Bull Racing won the race on the Sunday. Mark did, so it was a great result. For some reason, or unfortunately, we didn't get a lot of positive feedback. We know where the focus is. It is surely on this race and nowhere else. The team is motivated as ever, so the most important is the atmosphere within the team and for us it doesn't get affected by what is being said or written.
Q: Mark, your thoughts?
Mark WEBBER: Yeah, it wasn't a huge drama at the last race. Obviously there was a little bit of stuff here and there but first of all Sebastian did absolutely nothing wrong with me at the last event. That is totally obvious. Seb did what he did and had an incident at the first corner which was bloody unlucky for him. It can happen to any of us and the race from my side went okay with a great team effort. Unfortunately we didn't get a one-two which we were more than capable of doing. The team is ready to go forward. We are both competitive and it is only natural the media and everyone wants to wind up a nice rivalry between whoever it is, but Seb and I are naturally going about our jobs. What we have in common is that we work for the same team, have the same passion and the same drive to get the same result and there is nothing wrong with that, so we are fine and the team is learning here and there along the way but it is a healthy learning. We are in a sensational position. Two years ago the team was not doing this type of results. Now we are and we are taking on the best teams in the pit lane, so it is an absolute credit to us and we are looking to continue that.
Q: Mark, you have had something like five lock-outs of the front row of the grid, yet not one of those has been converted to a one-two in the race. Is that part of the learning curve?
Webber: Yes, it is but also there is an element of people saying we should be 5000 points in the lead. I don't really think we should be for many reasons. Seb had a couple of victories taken away from him at the start of the year but also if you look in Turkey we were not fast enough. We had an incident on the track but we were not fast enough in the grand prix. Canada, we had a different tyre strategy there for qualifying and as the race turned out that was the result we deserved. We are not taking credit away from what other people are doing. At the end of the day there have been some calls from Jenson from the cockpit, a few great victories there and that's how it has been. We look to capitalize on some of those qualifying positions in the future but there is no points given on a Saturday. We know that and we are looking to do better. It's not like it's a no-brainer on Sunday afternoon and we just drive off the front row and disappear. We have got some work to do and that is evident as you can see by the points..

Massa's lack of a smile & comment at the interview says it all.

Such a shame people pay to watch racing .....to have the result artificially fixed rather than let the drivers skills be used to dictate result.

KarlB

Mike Pass

Supporter
What a shoddy and embarrassing farrago that was in Germany. Ferrari - IMO the most unsporting team on the grid do it again! Clearly breaches rule 31 about team orders. Proves once again that F1 is a business and not a sport. When you listen to Michael Schumacher defending this you just know it's cheating. The public have been cheated out of a good battle between team mates in the same car. The behaviour of Alonso and Massa in the post race nonsense told us that they clearly knew what had happened. I would exclude both drivers and give the team a massive fine but as we have Jean Todt instead of Ari Vataanen in charge I suppose we won't get anything approaching fairness. Racing? I don't think so. I'll stick to watching club racing where everyone tries to win and there is some real overtaking happening.
Disappointed by F1 "racing" yet again.
Cheers
Mike

Back