F1 in 2012

Keith

"I thought I was passed him so I moved over"

The boy needs to remove his blinkers before he starts a race - he could have reached out and tapped him on the shoulder!

Pete, very good musical analogy.. "come together over me" must now be Alonso's "lucky" theme tune!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
What Hamilton tweeted PRIOR to the Spa race, what an idiot!

Attachments

• 07f717a2f4dd11e1818012313b012024_7.jpg
    07f717a2f4dd11e1818012313b012024_7.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 214
RoGro pretty much scr#w#d the pooch with that move. Would have been refreshing if he had the confidence just to say so and be over it. But we have seen others do the same and say "let's go to the tape, Bob" . Nothing new there.

Everybody sing ~ "Come together, right now, OVER me"

Pat

Supporter
Wow, I figured that some changes were on the horizon after the tech data tweet but this is a shock. I guess Bernie was correct when he said Shui was retiring at year-end.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Yet another great F1 race today (wil hold the spoiler until later)!

BTW Pete, I watched the US Open today, and tried to enjoy it for all the yelping on every shot (Victoria). Is this something that is done at every tournament, or just this one (he he). My wife thought she had an "ailment".

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Yes it was an awesome drive.
Yes and No

He was not in the top 10 on the finlal qualifying so chose his tyres
He then ran the harder tyres first so that meant he could run longer before changing them
After changing them he had already done will over 1/2 distance and now also had used over half his fuel

My take wa sit was a very good strategy planning - the type that used to fall into Shumakers lap but now seems to have deserted him

In reality it is the tyres that are still causing the problems
Look at webber - no tyres left!

Just my 2c

Ian

Keith

I suppose you could say it is the same for all of them, but I won't, because it isn't. If the tyres will only work one way then all the F1 chassis will be built one way too.

Also ridiculous (and dangerous) tyre warming swerving at high speed before a fast corner.

Result? One make racing, or as near as dammit.

The Curse of Pirelli...:evil:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Pete,

I agree, great race, great season, possably the best ever! Perez had a good strategy, took good care of his tires and in the end was the fastest car on track. All the other teams could have used the same stratage, but the chose not to.

I certinally would love to go to Singapore one day, but this year I'll be there in front of the TV at 4:00 AM:)

Keith

Well no actually, as he was outside the top 10 he could choose his tyre, so he qualified on soft tyres but started on hards and then went longer than anyone else (29 laps). Finishing on the soft/mediums made him the fastest on the track at the end. It was nip and tuck with LH because Lewis was going very long on his hards (30 laps) but so had Raikkonen at 37! Perez on the other hand ran the final 24 laps on the soft/medium which is one lap more than anyone else on this tyre (plus he was the only one on them at the end), so, whilst the strategy got him up there, I do not believe his tyres would have lasted another couple of laps and when they go, they vanish - ask Mark Webbber.

This stupid Pirelli tyre thing always throws curve balls. If you had said to me 10 years ago that a driver would aim to win by being deliberately slow in qualifying I would have called for the men in white coats.

It may be a lot of things but F1 now is a "show" not the pinnacle of world class auto racing. All the tweaks and fiddles are designed to keep people with all the attention span of a bored mollusc, tuned in for 2 hours.

The Curse of Pirelli.... :evil:

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Please refer to me as a distracted cephalopod when referring to my attention span. At least the additional syllables make that tolerable.

Back