Here's the official photos form the Charlotte AutoFair awards ceremony.

You might recognize Mike Joy from the Velocity Channel on the right.

The Charlotte Motor Speedway mascot "Lug Nut" is in the middle:laugh:

Very nice Bill. Congrats!

Mike

Well done Bill, it really is a stunning car and a great example of how a personal vision can transform a car and make it much more than the sum of it's parts.

I do wish I was closer; let me know if you ever make it out to the furthest NW corner of the lower 48.

David

At this point, my SLC is 98% complete. There are are just a few minor details I'm resolving. By definition, a hot rod is never really done anyway.

One remaining item is a "Creaking" noise from the front suspension. The "Creaking" is from sticksion between the metal ball and nylon socket in the hiem joints. In other words, when the hiem joint begins to move, the nylon socket sticks to the metal ball and makes a noise as it lets go when the suspension moves. The quieter you make your SLC, the more you hear the suspension creaking.

I've done quite a bit to quiet down my SLC. In fact, I'd say its about as quiet inside as a 2012 Corvette. I know...I know that's a low benchmark.

I've tried Dry Graphite spray lubricant on the hiem joints, but with little effect.

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
Cerulean from valvoline. You can get it at most auto parts stores in the grease section. Just a thin film of it should do the trick as it will adhere very well to the surface and stay as a thin film. It's the "wonder" grease!

Here's some glamour photos for my SLC now that it is essentially done.

Many thanks to Tony and Rodney at the Charlotte Speed Shop (A.K.A. Dents Charlotte) for the many hours of prep the that went in to the body and final paint.

Many thanks to Steve and Warren at the Custom Stitching Co. for the creative interior.

rumbles-albums-rumbles-slc-build-photo-album-1-picture1554-slc-pyc-6.jpg

rumbles-albums-rumbles-slc-build-photo-album-1-picture1552-slc-pyc-8.jpg

rumbles-albums-rumbles-slc-build-photo-album-1-picture1549-slc-pyc-10.jpg

rumbles-albums-rumbles-slc-build-photo-album-1-picture1551-slc-pyc-11.jpg

rumbles-albums-rumbles-slc-build-photo-album-1-picture1557-slc-pyc-3.jpg

rumbles-albums-rumbles-slc-build-photo-album-1-picture1553-slc-pyc-7.jpg

rumbles-albums-rumbles-slc-build-photo-album-1-picture1548-slc-pyc-12.jpg

rumbles-albums-rumbles-slc-build-photo-album-1-picture1558-slc-pyc-2.jpg

rumbles-albums-rumbles-slc-build-photo-album-1-picture1559-slc-pyc-1.jpg

rumbles-albums-rumbles-slc-build-photo-album-1-picture1556-slc-pyc-4.jpg

Very nice! Love all of the interior work. Looks like you answered my question of whether that gauge system would fit and look good! Great work.

It's all in the details! For example, the same design on the engine cover, and in the interior, or the same design on the trunk sides and on the seats.

Also, the work to hide most of the wiring really shows. The first time I saw the engine compartment I thought the car had't been wired yet. :)

Great car, great work.

Nicely done all around Bill.
I like the detached diffuser, somehow gives the back a little more trick/functional look to it.

Do you have any pictures of your storage boxes along side of the seats? I'd like to do the same.

Thanks

Nicely done all around Bill.
I like the detached diffuser, somehow gives the back a little more trick/functional look to it.

Do you have any pictures of your storage boxes along side of the seats? I'd like to do the same.

Thanks

See attached PICs.

The driver side compartment incorporates the E-brake and is wider than the passenger side. Together, the 2 compartments have as much storage as most daily divers.

Attachments

• SLC Interior-5.jpg
    SLC Interior-5.jpg
    816.6 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_5256.jpg
    IMG_5256.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_5250.jpg
    IMG_5250.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 441
Bill:

Likely one of the best SLC or component car interiors I've yet to see. Even the really nice ones often fail to look production ie Noble's. But you have managed to break through the "nice custom" to a high end production look. I mean that all as flattery, if even taken as not such.

Back