F1 in 2012

Absolutely correct David, I was referring to drivers points only.
Guess we'll see next weekend! Alonzo could pull it off, although I favor Vettel myself.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Jack. By the start of the season in 2013, the public will only remember the winner of next weeks race and the championship. Who came second, et seq, will be academic.
I think Vettel has the better chance based on raw speed by virtue of Newey design and Renault push. It's often a messy and uphill start however so fraught with would be leaders aat the Senna Curves.
It's also Caiperinha land so I will be having a bit of a piss up at the same time.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
What a big Sheila's blouse is Vettel screaming on the radio about Hamilton making a stupid pass, when Vettel moved to block him and couldn't .

David, how true. Vettel exells at good starts, perhaps it come down to who's best in the rain.

Pete, I did get a chuckle about that Vettel radio transmission.

First , witnessing the retur. Of formul one to the USA was a great experience for F1 fans. I was try impressed with the preparedness in general and the overall sophistation of the fans. I spent time explaining aspects of the race and cars to those that water new to F1 and came away with an appreciation that they were truly interested and exited Bout the sport. We can get siniical about the direction of our sport and it is enjoyable to see the enthusiasm of a new fan!

Now, the finishing order didn't end as qualifying wold suggest! Still, a great inaugel COTA! I will definitely be there next year.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Doc it certainly seemed to be a terrific crowd of enthusiastic people, much better to see than the empty stands of Bahrain and Dubai.
Some of those Texas girls are honeys from what I saw on T.V.

That was a great race, I think Texas did a fantastic job of bringing in the fans into a first class facility. The track was great, the presentation was great, the stands were packed and I hear the Texan hospitaity was as we have come to know.

A good day for racing in the USA. Bravo Texas.

The Perelli cowboy hats on the podium brought big smiles..

Mike Pass

Supporter
Cracking race with some ace driving. Pity Webber's car let him down. The Austin track is one of the very best out there and will improve with use to scrub the newness/oiliness off it. Well done USA.
Yeee! and indeed Hah!

Let's hope it rains in Brazil.
Cheers
Mike

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Cracking race with some ace driving. Pity Webber's car let him down. The Austin track is one of the very best out there and will improve with use to scrub the newness/oiliness off it. Well done USA.
Yeee! and indeed Hah!

Let's hope it rains in Brazil.
Cheers
Mike

Rain in Brazil?
That would push Button to the fore!
Or perhaps Screwmaker for his last ever race! - I know he is not everyone's favourite but he still has great car control.

My guess is that it will come down to who makes the best of the safety cars

Ian

Uhhh, Let's make that Pirelli cowboy hats..

Why does Webber's car ALWAYS have KERS problems and eventually fail altogether when Vettle's car just runs all day long????

What gives?

My guess is that it will come down to who makes the best of the safety cars

Ian[/QUOTE]

Very reasonable assumption!

Apparently, that holds true for Ferrari as well.....poor Masa got bumped when they unsealed his gearbox. How fortunate for Alonso, Eh?

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
If the final finishing order ends unchanged SV will renew as champion.

Have a great vantage of turn12 at the end of the DRS straight and overlooking 13,14,15. Austin is doing a pretty good job moving over 120K fans via every means of transportation possible. Team shirts etc selling out on day one!! Who says US won't attend an F1 race.. ...

The green track is maturing with quicker lap times each day.

I was sitting at Turn 11. Not a bad view... we could see them coming out of 9/10 and braking hard for 11. Then watch them disappear over the hill way down the track just before 12.

Great weekend.

FWIW,
Kirby

I don't buy it that RB only has ONE good alternator (or any other part) and that they can pick the good one out and give it to Vettle, race after race...

Masa took one for the team, and he should have. Ferrari gave him one more year and he should be thanking the gods. He is driving well here late in the season, if he can carry that over to next year he may save his career. I hope he can.

Back