Dimi's Build DRB #68

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Crash33

All is not as it seems at first glance.

The 5.4 Boss motor in the later versions runs o2 sensors before and after the Cats with the standard Ford ECU.

I have o2 sensors both before and after you just can't see them all in the photos.

Dimi

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Dalton

Yes, it was registered on the 21st May.

If you check back on my build thread I posted some photos of the finished car just after it had it's plates fitted and all the final nice bits added.

Dimi

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi All

Peter Delaney and I decided that as it was such a nice day we would take both our cars for a run up to Palm Beach just north of Sydney.

It was great to see people's reactions to 2 GT40's travelling together.

Dimi

Attachments

• PICT0393.jpg
    PICT0393.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 781
  • PICT0394.JPG
    PICT0394.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 723
  • PICT0395.jpg
    PICT0395.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 674
  • PICT0396.jpg
    PICT0396.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 689
  • PICT0397.JPG
    PICT0397.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 735
Ah, I saw Peter go past in the 40 on Kileaton/ Burns Rd on Saturday - heading home no doubt from your run. Did you go through Forestville Dimi?

Cars look sensational as usual

cheers
Stu

G'day Dimi,

This is Stuart, one of (I'm sure) many people who came up and spoke to you at Palm Beach. It was great to meet you and Peter and have a chat. I should say to anyone here in this forum, if you can, to see these cars in person, it's something else!. I could've stood there all day, but I thought it best to leave you 2 alone and get back into my Getz :(
Congrats on your craftsmanship (and Peter too). I certainly appreciate both of you being so approachable... much appreciated!!
See you out on the road....

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi all

As my 40 is primarily a road car I have during the last few months put up approx 5000 Kms and through this time I have had the nagging thought that if I had a flat tire or some other breakdown that required tools how could I handle it without tools.

As there was no room to carry a spare I found a space that could house a toolbox and built a custom shaped toolbox that could carry a toolkit,jack,mini compressor and air line,tyre sealer, tyre plugging kit, and assorted emergency tools.

Held in place with two bolts it can easily be removed and taken out to the repair location.

This certainly make me feel much more at ease with long distance trips.

Dimi

Attachments

• PICT0455.jpg
    PICT0455.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 836
  • PICT0454.jpg
    PICT0454.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 868

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi all

It is amazing how some things can come back and bite you down the track.

During my build I made the decision to use all the right parts to ensure minimal maintenance and to avoid having to re do things that may now be virtually inaccessible.

I chose all the best quality fuel hoses and stainless fittings but the one thing I hadn't given a thought to was that as some of the fuel hoses,breather hoses,etc run through the cabin and even though these hoses were the best quality I am now finding that after a period of time they are starting to allow fuel vapours to leech out through the rubber to the point that I can't stand to sit in the car for any long period of time.

As a result I have now replaced all the offending rubber hoses with stainless braided teflon hoses and now don't have any fuel smell problems.

Just one more of those little things that begin to manifest themselves with time.

I had my 40 registered in May 2008 and it has taken till now and 7500Kms for this problem to become evident.

Dimi.

Hi Dimi,
Dalton here. I'd like to say thanks for taking the time to drop by on your trip north the other day and showing me your 40. It is simply stunning, and sets a benchmark for us to aim at. I also appreciate the fact that it's driven regularly as a usable road car, not sitting around as a garage queen. The friendliness and helpfulness of people on this Forum is priceless. Now I just need to build a 40 nearly as good as yours, Dimi.

Thanks mate,

Dalton

Dimi,

Have you entered the FOSC event at Bathurst this Easter?There is an entry that looks suspiciously like it could be you

Iain

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Iain

Regrettably no.

At the request of the organisers I currently have my 40 displayed at the Auto Trade Show at the Darling Harbour Convention Centre from today till Saturday the 4th April.

This show is for the automotive aftermarket and collision repairers as a trade show for all the new products and services.

Dimi.

Hi Dimi I will be at the show tomorrow, thursday look forward to seeing you car again. I wil try to get a shot of it if there are not to many people standing arround it.

Darrell
DRB#46

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi guys

Some how this photo of the oil sight gauge on the side of my transaxle got deleted from my build thread.

Ron
I have reposted this for you.

This shows the level that the various amounts of oil in an inverted G50 sits at.

When the car is being driven the level drops by one litre as the oil is in motion on the gears and being thrown around the internals.

Dimi

Attachments

• PICT0248.JPG
    PICT0248.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 628

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Bob.
Go to Woollies and buy some stainless kitchen scrubbing pads and stuff them up the exhausts till you get the quietness you need.
Dimi

Back