GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I pledge allegiance to the flag...and to the Republic for which it stands...every day...yes, we all need to be reminded of that every now and then.

I think, though, that for all practical intents and purposes our citizenry embraces a "one person, one vote" philosophy. We ARE reminded every now and then that the "one man, one vote" concept isn't exactly accurate, and in fact can be very misleading, but for a conceptual paradigm it is a good mark for which we should aim. It bothers me to know that not all delegates are bound to vote in the manner that the citizens of their precinct did, and even more so that they can change their votes at will. That needs to be changed if we are ever to get to the point that will allow us all to buy into the election results. Winner of the popular vote ought to rule, IMHO.

Cheers!

Doug

LMAO they reviewed 650,000 emails in 8 days? All clear nothing to see here move along now. The only thing that will be disastrous about this election cycle with be the open borders and TPP that Hilldog will put in place. Liberalism is a disease.

Computers, go figure. Automated search and filtering. There must be someone who can write such a program that works for the FBI.

Pat

Supporter

Attachments

• Clinton Foundation.jpg
    Clinton Foundation.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 168

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Today's the day to put up or shut up, folks.

Get out there and VOTE! If you think about it each of our one votes is miniscule compared to the total number of votes cast, so it would be easy to just think "Screw it, I'm busy and my vote won't make that much difference.", and that may be right, but remember: "United we stand, divided we fall." While we may seem divided already, by this time tomorrow we'll need to unite and recognize a winner. Even if it's not your choice, we still need to stand united as a country.

So, let your voice be heard above all the pre-election grumbling we've "enjoyed"(?)...VOTE!!

Onward!!! Thru the fog... :eek:

Cheers!

Doug

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
It took me a while to make up my mind...I waited until the last moment so I could get all the latest dirt on each of the candidates.

Kudos and CHEERS to you, Larry :thumbsup: !!!

Doug

I just thought that. Would pop my head in here, say hi and wish you all well, before the world is switched off for good.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Well done, Conservatives. Now to see if Trump can unite a divided country, in fact a divided world.

The election map looked like a sea of red!

Cheers to Trump for pulling off what I believe to be the biggest upset I've ever witnessed.

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset">Originally Posted by JeffYoung
I think you are going to need to practice, so repeat after me:

"President Hillary Clinton"

See? There, not so bad right

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Nope!

There are many who are 'eating crow' this morning...both at home and around the world. But, if I may suggest, those of us who aren't would be well advised not to gloat. We all remember arrogance displayed by the Democrats once they'd gained total control back in '08, right? 'Best we not do the whole "tit for tat" thing. Voters have been at each other's throats for far too long now as it is. What's to be gained by perpetuating it?

IMHO we ought to forget all that crap and just concentrate on fixing things over the next four years...and beyond. God knows there are a trainload of repairs that need to be addressed IMMEDIATELY if not sooner...

Again, JMHO.

Malcolm

Supporter
Apparently if you had a £5 accumulator bet on Leicester City winning the football premiership, Brexit happening and Trump becoming president your pay out would have been in the region of £12,000,000!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Apparently if you had a £5 accumulator bet on Leicester City winning the football premiership, Brexit happening and Trump becoming president your pay out would have been in the region of £12,000,000!

Throw in the Cubs winning the World Series and the jackpot would probably have been closer to £124,000,000!

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Larry, thank you.

Polls were wrong. Donald Trump is our President. We need to support him and give him a chance to succeed, until he gives us reason not too. He's not done that yet as President, and his speech last night was a step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back