Sandy's RCR40 Gulf Chassis #11

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Sandy,

That is a pretty car, done by the local guy Fran uses? I might should have had him to the Lola body too but I need to learn fiberglass sometime....:rolleyes:

I remember seeing your engine and transaxle there at the shop and those headers, they are really cool in person.

So, once you take delivery it won't be long before that thing is on the road, that engine will be a beast!

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Sandy,
It looks fabulous. Could NOT keep my eyes off of it last time at the shop. AWESOME!!!!!

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Here are some shots of the RCR optional roll cage.

Attachments

• sandy cage 001.jpg
    sandy cage 001.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,670
  • sandy cage 002.jpg
    sandy cage 002.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,653
  • sandy cage 003.jpg
    sandy cage 003.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,654
  • sandy cage 004.jpg
    sandy cage 004.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,630
  • sandy cage 006.jpg
    sandy cage 006.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,607

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Here are a couple of the cables to trans...

Attachments

• sandy cage 007.jpg
    sandy cage 007.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,596
  • sandy cage 008.jpg
    sandy cage 008.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,615

Ron McCall

Supporter
I bet you can't wait to get your hands on it! Your car is going to be amazing!!!
That cage looks great! Looks like it will be easily removable.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
I am living vicariously through the photos :) very nice work from the entire RCR Team for sure. It's getting so close I can here the clacking of the valve train in my head.

Will post more as I get them, I think the dam will be bursting soon.

Thanks Fran!

Sandy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Hopefully soon. I think this was the last major part for completion. Just a little bit of loose ends as it seems. Hurry Fran ;)

Sandy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
BillP,

As to how many cars, not sure, almost a handfull I would guess.

BTW posted a hand full of pics in the RCR section, was too lazy to post here as well. They were from the Feb 28th 07' visit

Sandy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
The car is now sitting in my garage:pepper:

Huge thanks to Fran and his team. Also thanks to Rich Lacy who was the transporter which I can say was nothing but superb with communications and care of my car.

Pictures will be posted soon. Just have not had a breather for a couple of days. Now it seems I have to work :D

Sandy

Ditto the comments on Rich Lacy. He delivered my Cobra from Kirkham and did an outstanding job.

Can't wait to see your pic's Sandy.

Sandy,

My car uses the Porsche 930 also. I've never been crazy about how it looks from the rear - you can see the 930 support frame hanging down below the fiberglass. Have you found a way of concealing this.

How about posting some photos of the rear of the car!

John

:pepper:

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
My 930 has no support from the back. Looks OK, I only have a pick of the car in the garage but look in the RCR section you might see some that show it. I have been swamped with work and family so just had this for now.

Pics of Rich Lacey and my son Alex touching daddy's car.

Sandy

Attachments

• P1000865.JPG
    P1000865.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,186
  • P1000857.JPG
    P1000857.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 1,044
  • P1000859.JPG
    P1000859.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,227
  • P1000860.JPG
    P1000860.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 1,148
Sandy,

Very, very nice looking car! I just can not imagine what it was like parking it in your garage for the first time! Hope you have warned your neighbors!

Hope your bill is paid up at your dentists office. The grin on your face is sure to cost you more than one or two visits to his office to correct.:)

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Congrats, Sandy - it's been a long wait but clearly based on photos well worth it. The team at RCR have sure look like they came through big time.

I, for one, would like to see a pic of you in the fun seat wearing the grin I well know is going to be, as Gary noted, damn tough to remove!

I'd close by adding a 'best wishes' but it appears that's already come to pass... :)

T.

Back