Spent a lot of time lately in the basement spinning handles of late. Cut some blocks of ali and started making chips. Feels like I've spent the whole weekend down there....The machine work for the steering wheel hub and body latch bases is now done.
The body latches are fitted to the car, but waiting on socket head allen hardware for the wheel hub to be finished.
Also finished the oil cooler install, the interior door skins and polished and installed up the rear clip vent.
McMaster-Carr order showed up today. Couldn't help but run down in the basement and finish up machining the holes to size for the socket head bolts and finish the assembly. Oooooowhh that looks cooool.
I just took this shot for you....hopefully it helps.
I mounted them from the back side with button head fasteners. I had to drill an access hole through the intermediate plate of the latch for the lower screw. The upper one is a bit of a pistol to get to, but if you hold the release in the fully open position, you can just get in there enough to get the job done. On the inboard side I used stainless washers and nuts.
Again, hope this helps. Let me know if there is more I can offer.
Car looks great!
Since you have been running it at the track you obviously have the Webers pretty sorted. I saw in a vid you posted without the body that the car was running rich. What have you done with the Webers to dial them in and who did you buy the set up from?
Were they built to your specs or did you start from scratch?
We spent our weekends doing the same thing: mounting the side window vents. My rear glass is ready to go in, but until I get the Weber's sorted out that is on the B list. Suspect that popping might not be the best thing for that plexi glass. . . .
I like the look without gaskets but wonder what you could do to keep "stuff" from getting trapped between the lexan and the bodywork...
Chuck - when we had my engine on the dyno and were playing with fuel mixtures, we found that those cylinders that were "popping" at or around idle, we doing so because they were too lean. You might want to try backing out all the idle fuel mixture screws 1/8-1/4 turn each.
Randy: thanks for the tip. Had been working with the idle mixture screws (the larger ones). The fuel mixture screws are in all the way per one books recommendations. Makes sense and I will give that a try.
Hope to do some more serious fiddling at R and G. It is hard to get a good sense of the proper tune going back and forth in one's driveway.